Happy Singles Awareness Day!
Yesterday was Valentine’s Day, AKA one of the most annoying days of the year for all you single ladies out there. We get it—the romanticism, red and pink everything and the “spirit of love” is sometimes enough to make you feel sick. That’s why Singles Awareness Day was created—to let all us single peeps celebrate ourselves!
Being single ain’t the worst thing ever. Even though the holiday’s acronym is SAD, there’s absolutely no need to be! Being single lets you live your life exactly how you want to without anyone else tying you down. Do you, boo, and be GLAD it’s SAD!
Here are some ways to celebrate beautiful, single YOU this Singles Awareness Day.
- Happy hour with the gals: Galentine’s Day was technically February 13th, but you don’t need another reason to round up your single lady friends and hit the town for a drink or two at happy hour. The day ends with a ‘y,’ right? Cheers to being strong, independent and sexy women!
- Netflix and chill…alone: Who needs a romantic dinner for two? Order your favorite pizza, put on a face mask and get cozy on your couch while you binge watch your favorite TV show to your heart’s desire. There’s no need to fight for the last slice or compromise on a movie; the choice is yours alone! Carpe diem, BB!
- Treat yourself: Ain’t nothing better than buying a little something for yourself because you’re awesome. This Singles Awareness Day, ditch the flowers and chocolate and do a little solo shopping for something that will make your heart happy (like a set of our adorable pasties!).
- Try something new: Your couple friends might have elaborate dates planned for Valentine’s Day, but you don’t need to be in a relationship to have a great time. Pick something you’ve always wanted to do and go do it by yourself! Pushing yourself to accomplish one of your dreams sounds way better than a stuffy dinner date, anyway. Amiright? #Always
- V-Day sales: V-Day gifts are overrated, but POST-V-Day prezzies for yourself are amazing (hello, discounted chocolate!). Scour the aisles of your nearby supermarket to pick up the goods for half price and dig in guilt-free. Plus, when you’re buying for one, you don’t need to worry about anyone else finishing off the box before you do!
Being single isn’t a curse. It’s a chance to get out of your comfort zone, expand your horizons and enjoy the freedom to be authentically you. Being alone can be empowering, so relish in your glory and take time to appreciate the other kinds of love in your life, such as that of your friends and family. Be single and proud, babes, ‘cause after all, you’re a Neva Nude, which means you’re the BEST!